In October of 2015, Williamsburg House of Mercy partnered with the Greater Williamsburg Outreach Mission (GWOM) to create the Harbor Day Shelter for the Homeless. The GWOM member churches continue to volunteer each month, breathing life into this ministry of extreme hospitality for those in need of a kind word, a place to feel at home, and a warm meal.
Services Provided at the Harbor
- Safe, supportive and comfortable environment with shelter from cold or heat in a place of daytime respite
- Storage bins for personal items
- Computer access and employment services
- Mail Services
- A convenient, central place to meet
- Food and meals, including a warm breakfast and lunch
- Emergency shelter, rapid rehousing, and eligibility screening for other suitable housing programs
- Medical and mental health co-pay and prescription assistance, as well as laundry cards, bus tickets, food, job assistance, and financial counseling
- Referral to community services (additional food pantry resources, clothing, and eligibility determination for various social services)
- Showers and fresh hygiene supplies, towels, and undergarments
- Access to books and magazines as well as phone and flashlight charging stations
The Harbor provides meals, respite, resources, showers, and other stabilizing services to the homeless population of Williamsburg.
Contact Ellen at email@example.com or 757-253-0664 for more information.