Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! We rely on our volunteers to keep up with the needs of our neighbors. In 2022, more than 650 volunteers served more than 21,300 hours! We are extremely grateful to have supporters who donate their skills, experience, and heart for the successful operation of our organization. Consider how your time and talent will allow WHOM to welcome each person as they are, to provide respite for the weary, and transformation for the ready.
- Harbor Day Shelter Volunteer: Harbor is a day shelter for those experiencing homelessness. Volunteers will assist with checking in guests, serving food, and helping with things guests of the Harbor may need.
- Food Distribution Volunteer: Help distribute food on a Wednesday or Thursday as cars drive through. Some volunteers work the check in area and some load food items.
- Food Project Sorting and Packaging Volunteers: Our Food Project volunteers sort and prepare the shelf-stable food for distribution. This job takes place at at our off-site location in McLaws Circle and is indoors. Some heavy lifting may be required.
- HOPE Pregnancy Center Volunteer: Work with mothers and families in our HOPE Center. Volunteers work with mothers to ensure they are receiving medical care or other prenatal items needed. Distribute items needed for arrival of babies and work with them after the baby is born to receive diapers and other needed items.
- Christmas Market Volunteers: Our holiday Christmas Market is open for two weeks in December where parents come to designated shopping hours to hand-pick gifts for their children. Volunteers will assist parents, restock the toy tables, and help organize the process. This job takes place at 10 Harrison Avenue and is an indoor job.
- Food Rescue Volunteers: Restaurants and stores frequently provide excess food to us for distribution. Food Rescue Volunteers drive and collect fresh food and bring it to our site for storage and distribution. This is usually a once-a-week job.
- Financial Assistance and Outreach Volunteers: Financial Assistance and Outreach Volunteers assist with phone screenings directly with clients when they call in with questions about our programs and services. Training is provided.
For details about days and time slots available and our volunteer application process, please contact Becki at [email protected]. Please note: all volunteer should be 18 years of age and should not have been sick anytime in the 14 days prior to their volunteer shift.