This year’s 9th Annual “Run the DoG Street” 5k has named Williamsburg House of Mercy (WHOM) as one of its benefactors. WHOM is our area’s only complete care center for the homeless, permanent housing assistance, food, transportation and much more. They work with area agencies to make sure that our neighbors in need receive the assistance and resources they need for a more stable future.
The $30,000 fundraising goal from the “Run the DoG Street” 5k will go to supporting the following pillars of Williamsburg House of Mercy operations:
– Mercy Housing including the Harbor, our homeless day shelter
– Monthly Mobile Food Pantry and Emergency Food Pantry services
– Hope Pregnancy Care Center and Hope Baby Care Center
– Community Outreach and Financial Services
– Job Search Assistance and Budget Counseling
– WHOM Regional Diaper Bank
– New Journey Re-entry Support Services for recent releasees from Virginia Peninsula Regional Jail
– Grace Haven Family Shelter (a partnership with the faith groups of GWOM)
More information can be found at their race charity page: https://runsignup.com/whom
This item was posted by a community contributor.